Sunday 9 September 2012

House of Fraser Blogger Style Challenge


I recently saw this competition on a fellow blogger's page and just couldn't resist taking part myself!
House of Fraser are offering the generous prize of a £200 in-store shopping spree to the best blogger outfit made up of products sold by HoF.  As far as I'm concerned finding clothes I love in House of Fraser really isn't a challenge!  I remember going in with my mum in my youth and stroking the soft leather handbags...!  Enough of that though!  Here are my AW 12/13 picks!

1. Phase Eight - Daria Sequin Jumper £65
Metallics are going to be big this season and what better way to showcase them than on some knitwear?
I love the texture of this jumper and also the fact that it can be dressed up with a leather skirt or down with jeans or leggings.

2. Oasis - Faux Leather Biker Mini £45
This is a lovely little skirt with biker style quilting on the sides and zip details taking it away from your usual leather body con. Love!  Leather is always a good purchase as it comes in season after season and will be one of the hardest working items you own.

3. Head Over Heels - Pashy Zip Boots With Studs £49
These boots are an absolute steal!  They look really high end with the studs, zips and detailing but come in very cheaply compared to their Topshop, Asos counterparts.  My ankle boots are most definitely my footwear of choice at the minute and are a must buy for AW 12/13

4. Decadorn - Prussian Leather Wrap Bracelet £36
A lovely metallic bracelet to create an instant arm party!  Will match everything.

5. Coast - Robin Necklace £35
A chunky necklace can jazz up any outfit.  Mixed metallics are girl-grungy and will match all outfits perfectly. I particularly like the rings on this lovely Coast number.

6. Nars - Duo Eyeshadow in Hula Hula £23.50
This beautiful duo of shimmering gold and rose is the perfect way to give yourself a glossy party eye.  Nars shadows are famously well pigmented and these gorgeous shades will certainly be well used.

7. Bobbi Brown - Creamy Eye Pencil in Jet £15.50
A classic black kohl will add just the right amount of grunge to this shimmering metallic look.  This pencil from Bobbi Brown is creamy, smooth on application and has a sponge on the other end for that lust-worthy smoky eyed look. Perfect!

8. MAC - Lipstick in Shanghai Spice £14
You can't go wrong with a MAC lippie and this gorgeous pinky shade will offset a smoky eye perfectly.

9. Nails Inc - Nail Polish in Victoria £11
Victoria is a BIG favourite of mine.  It is probably my most worn shade and I couldn't resist including it here!  It is feminine but dark and the polish itself has great coverage after just one coat.  A MUST BUY.

10. Viktor and Rolf - Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum £48
Last (but most certainly not least) is Flowerbomb.  A cult perfume and my FAVOURITE.  It gives a gorgeous, feminine scent which is spicy enough for Winter and floral enough for Summer.  It has to feature here!

And there you have it.  What do you think?
Will you be heading to House of Fraser this week?  I know I will!



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I'm just trying to resist actually going out and BUYING all these lovely things...!

      Fi
      x

      Delete